Where I live, it's hotter during the summer than any human should have to put up with on a regular basis, so my go to is one of my smoothies. However, in the winter, I can't quite bring myself to blend up a smoothie when there's ice on the ground outside. This pudding? It's a winner every time. You can keep it cool if you like, or easily gently warm it up with hot water, or even a little heat on the stove/microwave (before you add the cream/yogurt). It will replace your oatmeal in a heartbeat as a high fiber, low sugar breakfast.
Give it a try! And let me know what you think. Did it take you a few days? Love it right away? Modification that made it even better? I'd love to hear. And stay tuned for more! Next quick and easy breakfast? Nut, Seed and Fruit muesli!
- 2T Chia Seeds, soaked in ½ - ¾ cup water
- 2T Ground Flax Seed and/or Hemp Seeds
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt, goat yogurt, or coconut milk/yogurt/cream
- ¼ t vanilla
- ½ cup fresh berries
- Small drizzle of raw honey
- 1T green veggie powder (ex: freeze dried kale, moringa leaf)
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
1. Soak chia seeds in water for at least 30 minutes to overnight
2. Mix soaked chia, flax, hemp seeds and veggie powder (if using) with yogurt and vanilla.
3. Top with berries, nuts and/or honey if desired.