Buy dry beans and cook them yourself. You can cook them in large quantities and freeze unused portions for another meal. Just make sure to rinse and soak your beans first!
To Cook Dried Beans:
(1) Sort and rinse how ever many beans you want to cook (as a general rule, they expand to about one and half to two times their original size). I usually cook a lot (4 cups dried) and freeze whatever I don’t use for another time. It means I don’t have to cook them that often.
(2) Cover beans with water so the level of beans is about 2 inches below the water level. Soak overnight (or if you’re forgetful like I am, bring the water to a boil and then remove from heat and soak 1 hour - overnight is better, but the 1 hour fast method works well).
(3) Drain beans and rinse again. At this point, they’re about half way cooked/softened.
(4) Place back in pot, and cover with water once again. (about the same as before)
(5) Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer 1- 1.5 hours, until soft.
(6) At this point you can make refried beans, keep them whole, add to salads, or do whatever you want with them. And the extra, just put in a glass jar and freeze until you want them!